viernes, 27 de julio de 2018

First woman to graduate in Chemistry and Pharmacy


María Griselda Hinojosa Flores

Hello, welcome to blog number 7, today I have to write about someone in my professional field that I admire. It is a difficult issue, since I admire the work of many people, choosing only one is complicated, but I made this decision regarding the social context that is taking place today in my country.

Griselda Hinojosa.jpgMaría Griselda Hinojosa Flores, was the first woman to graduate from Chemistry and Pharmacy at the University of Chile. He received his professional title on December 4, 1899. He was born in Copiapó on April 20, 1875. At the beginning of the 20th century, together with Percival Rojas, they led the "Copiapó Botica y Drugstore.

 This was a first step for women to start studying, at that time it was very difficult for women to study because of machismo and the few opportunities they had.

At present, the arrival of feminism that seeks equality is being lived, this woman was the inspiration for many others who also studied chemistry and pharmacy, broke the paradigm that women could not study or were not able. That's why I admire her, for having the courage to overcome the macho prejudices of the time, to get ahead, thanks to this I think that if María studied chemistry and pharmacy, all women could also do it.






No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario